Established in 1982, BG&S Transmissions of Grand Island is locally owned and operated by Bill Raile and his wife, Julie. Before becoming the owner, Bill worked as a manager at the shop in 1993. In 2006, Bill and Julie purchased the shop and have continued serving customers.
Over the years, we've become the trusted name in transmission repair and automotive services for families across our area. Our team is dedicated to providing the best workmanship and customer experience possible, with ASE-certified technicians on staff to service your vehicle. Bill is also an ASE Master Certified with 38+ years of experience.
One-day service is available at our shop, and we can work with you to ensure repairs are completed within the timeline you need. Our team will make it happen for you by the date you request.
As a NAPA AutoCare Center, we back qualifying work through nationwide warranty. Our shop uses high-quality parts and meets all requirements necessary to provide the automotive service and customer service you expect and value from your service provider.
We appreciate your patronage and believe in integrity and honesty. Our staff is available to answer any questions and ensure your experience is a positive one. We aim to keep you moving through the years with a reliable vehicle.
- 1978–1981 Bill worked for Goodyear; the store was called GI Tire Sales.
- 1981–1992 Bill worked at the family shop Raile's Tire & Auto.
- 1990 Julie started working with Bill at Raile's Tire & Auto / Parkway 66 Service Station.
- 1993–2006 Bill worked as the shop manager at BG&S Transmissions.
- 1996 Julie started working with Bill at BG&S Transmissions.
- 2006 Bill and Julie became owners/operators of the shop.
- 2007 Bryan, Bill and Julie's son, started working at BG&S Transmissions.
- 2018 Mark, Bill, and Julie's grandson started working at BG&S Transmissions.
Reasons to Choose BG&S Transmissions
- Transmission Service: When you need a transmission rebuilt, replaced, repaired, or upgraded, we are here to help. We fix transmission problems and make service as easy as possible for you.
- Automotive Repair: Get repairs to keep your vehicle running as it should. We offer CV, axle, joint repair, driveshaft, differential work, and 4WD system services.
- One-Day Service: We are a one-day repair shop, and we can work with you if you need a repair completed by a specific date. Need a major repair on your car performed in a week? We'll get it done!
- Nationwide Warranty: Drive with peace of mind knowing your qualifying repair is covered through the NAPA Peace of Mind Warranty. It's just one of the benefits of choosing your local NAPA AutoCare Center.
- 36-Month/100,000 Mile Warranty: Select products and parts come with a three-year / 100,000-mile warranty. Ask a store associate for more information.
- Free Towing (100 Miles): Have us tow your inoperable or unsafe vehicle to our shop for service; the price is free if you're within a 100-mile radius of our location. Please talk with a member of our team today.
- Free Loaner Cars: Ask about taking a complimentary loaner car out while your vehicle is with us for service.
- Waiting Area: Enjoy our clean and comfortable waiting area with Wi-Fi.
- Shuttle Service: Ask about our local shuttle service.
- Night Key Drop: Leave your car overnight with our after-hours key drop.