BG&S Transmissions of Grand Island is a Level One Certified Transmissions Dealer offering Road Ripper™ 1000 Transmission.
Tow up to 4,000 lbs, engines with added horsepower of up to 100, hot rods & muscle cars, drivers wanting more than shift kits, and better transmissions.
This is the first step to improving your factory-stock transmission. We start by increasing pressure in the transmission for firmer applications of clutches and bands, which provides a more positive shift. Then we address the pressure after the application of clutches and bands so there is less chance of slipping the clutches. After improving the pressure, we add more clutch plates to the clutch packs. This is a great unit when looking for more than the factory offers.
The Road Ripper™ 1000 Specifications
- Valve body modifications improve the shifts of the transmission and the “apply and release” of the torque converter clutch.
- Pressure adjustments improve the lube circuit that feeds all bushings, washers, and geartrain in the transmission to keep them lubricated.
- Increased pressure improves the torque converter charge circuit, ensuring that the torque converter stays fully charged with fluid. You won’t lose power during heavy demands or from a wide-open throttle.
- Sprags and rollers are replaced for better holding capacity.
- The pump and pressure regulator are addressed for high flow and good control to ensure the right amount of fluid gets to everything.
- All bands and clutches are new. Depending on the applications, we use quality Raybestos® or BorgWarner® brands.
- We increase clutch packs by 20% for more holding power.