BG&S Transmissions of Grand Island is a Level One Certified Transmissions Dealer offering Road Ripper™ 2000 Transmission.
Tow 4,000-10,000 lbs on a fifth wheel and engines with added horsepower of 100 to 225, diesel engines chipped for more power, and street racers.
This beefed-up transmission meets the mark of hard-working vehicles that need way more than the factory offers. We start by really increasing the pressure in the transmission. This gives firmer application for all of the high-energy clutches and bands we install, like red, blue, or even Raybestos® Z-PakTM clutches and Pro SeriesTM bands (depending on what the vehicle will be used for). Then we address the servos and accumulators to match up with the shifts you like. Adding to durability, we replace all rollers and sprags with the maximum-level available element. We address the converter to handle the higher load and improve its durability and efficiency. This is a very tough, hard-working unit.
The Road Ripper™ 2000 Specifications
- Complete valve body and separator plate modifications for durability and improvement of shifts.
- Increase baseline pressure which gives you better linear line pressure during shifts.
- Improve the throttle pressure circuit for a faster, more responsive line pressure boost.
- Resized servo and levers for the maximum holding of any bands.
- Use of high-energy clutches and Pro SeriesTM bands.
- Increase of clutch packs by as much as 30% for greater holding power.
- Improves the lube circuit, which feeds all of the bushings, washers, and geartrain in the transmission to keep them lubricated.
- All sprags and rollers are replaced with the best available for increased capacity.
- Only the highest-flow pumps available are used.
- We furnace-braze heavy-duty converters.
- New bearings throughout for durability.