BG&S Transmissions of Grand Island is a Level One Certified Transmissions Dealer offering Road Ripper™ 3000 Transmission.
Built for 10,000 lbs or more towing on a fifth-wheel trailer, engines with added horsepower of 250 or more, and drag cars running quarter-mild 10-12 seconds.
Road Ripper 3000 is for the serious full-time racer and the reprogrammed, stump-pulling, overloaded vehicle. This beefed-up transmission can handle the extra horsepower and torque with a geartrain built to the highest capacity available. Optional hardened shafts, where available, are used to take on those extreme-working vehicles that can break components. In this unit, we increase the pressures in the transmission. We use high-energy clutches and bands like red, blue, or even Raybestos® Z-PakTM clutches and Pro SeriesTM bands. We address servos and accumulators in this unit to match up with the shifts you like. We replace all rollers and sprags with the maximum element available and increase the sump capacity for additional cooling. Converters are custom-built to handle all of your applications. (Converters with a higher stall rate are available at an additional cost.) This is a very tough, very hard-working unit.
The Road Ripper™ 3000 Specifications
- Use the highest-flow pumps that are available.
- Complete valve body and separator plate modifications for durability and improving shifts.
- Installation of heavy-duty planetary gear.
- Increase the baseline pressure, which also provides a better linear line pressure increase for higher shift quality.
- Optional hardened shafts and other hardened upgrades are available for select units.
- Improvement of the throttle pressure circuit for a faster and more responsive line pressure boost.
- Resized servo and levers for the maximum holding of any bands.
- Increased sump capacity for additional cooling.
- Use of high-energy clutches and professional series bands in the transmission.
- An increase of the clutch packs by as much as 38% for more holding power.
- Custom-built converters to handle specific applications.
- Improved lube circuits feed all the bushings, washers, and geartrain in the transmission to keep them lubricated.
- Improved torque converter charge circuit which will ensure that the converter stays fully charged with fluid so you don’t lose power during heavy demands or a wide-open throttle.
- All sprags and rollers are replaced with the maximum-strength element available for increased capacity.